Our newest plate – the 94 clear hard plate is our hardest plastic-backed letterpress plate ever. It can handle a deep bite into all thicknesses of uncoated letterpress papers and last for the duration of your printing. With this clear plate, exposure time is less than 2 minutes. It has a transparent plastic-backing for mounting on a Standard Boxcar Base. You can cut these plates with scissors. If purchasing unexposed plastic-backed polymer plates, you’ll also want to purchase our Boxcar film adhesive to adhere your plates to your base.
- For use on the Standard Boxcar Base.
- This is the plate we have tested and use at Boxcar Press (with our Heidelberg Cylinders, Vandercooks, and Windmills).
- At 75 Durometer (our hardest plastic plate), it’s good for fine lines down to .25 pt and dots 1 pt thick. The lines will hold up under deep impressions with this plate without distortion.
- When washed out, background is clear with a pale blue cast and relief is very pale yellow.
- Stouffer 21 Step Exposure Scale is 15-17.
- With a harder durometer, this plate may dry out, become brittle, and curl quicker than softer plastic backed plates (durometer of 64 and lower)
- A2=16.5″ x 23.375″
- A3=11.75″ x 16.5″*
- A4=8.25″ x 11.75”*
- *A3 and A4 sizes are accurate within +/- .125