This plastic-backed letterpress plate has a transparent plastic-backing for mounting on a Standard Boxcar Base. You can cut all these plates with scissors. If purchasing unexposed KF95 plastic-backed polymer plates, you’ll also want to purchase our Boxcar film adhesive to adhere your plates to your base.
- for use on the Standard Boxcar Base
- this is the plate we use at Boxcar Press (with our Heidelberg Cylinders, Vandercooks, and Windmills)- we love it.
- 67 Durometer, good for fine lines down to .25pt and dots 1 pt thick. The lines will hold up under deep impressions with this plate.
- When washed out, background is clear and relief is light yellow.
- We recommend this plate for fine press book artists who use smaller serif fonts as the hardness of this plate is good for holding serifs.
- recommended for designs with small point serif text.
- with harder durometer, the KF95 plate may dry out, become brittle, and curl quicker than softer plastic backed plates (expected life of plate is 9-12 months with proper care).
- A2=16.5″ x 23.375″
- A3=11.75″ x 16.5″*
- A4=8.25″ x 11.75”*
*A3 and A4 sizes are accurate within +/- .125