Letterpress base starter packs: you supply the press. We’ll supply the rest.
Here’s everything you need to get started in one discounted package. Each starter pack includes these fundamentals:
- your very own Boxcar Base sized to your press
- Letterpress Printing, A Manual for Modern Fine Press Printers by Paul Maravelas
- the Boxcar Roller Gauge (for setting roller height)
- Van Son ultimate black ink (rubber-based, 1 lb can). If black was good enough for Gutenberg, it’s good enough for you!
- the official Boxcar printing apron
- life-long friendly help and printing support from us!
|starter pack name||for which presses||what base is included|
|6 x 9 chase starter pack||various lever presses (like the 6×10 Model X Excelsior)||4.5 x 7.5 Deep Relief Boxcar Base|
|5 x 8 chase starter pack||small tabletop presses (like the Adana 8×5)||3.5 x 6.5 Deep Relief Boxcar Base|
|pilot starter pack||pilot presses||5 x 8.5 Deep Relief Boxcar Base|
|8 x 12 chase starter pack||C & P Old Style||6 x 9 Deep Relief Boxcar Base|
|Heidelberg Windmill 10 x 15 starter pack||Heidelberg Windmill 10 x 15||9 x 12 Standard Boxcar Base|
|10 x 15 chase starter pack||C&P’s, Klugies, Golding||9 x 12 Deep Relief Boxcar Base|
|Vandercook starter pack||Vandercook – minimum bed size of 15×26||13 x 19 Standard Boxcar Base|
Don’t see your chase size listed? Contact us and we’ll suggest a starter pack specifically for your press.
10×15 Chase Starter Pack$390.00 Add to cart
8×12 Chase Starter Pack$296.00 Add to cart
6.5 x 10 Pilot Starter Pack$285.50 Add to cart
6×9 Chase Size Starter Pack$273.00 Add to cart
5×8 Chase Starter Pack$264.00 Add to cart
Vandercook Starter Pack$676.00 Add to cart
Heidelberg Windmill starter pack$390.00 Add to cart